Principal Functions and Purpose of the position:
WWF organizes a wide range of educational programmes, with the mission to create a new generation of conservation and sustainability advocates through fun, engagement and real-life experience. The incumbent must be dedicated to nature conservation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide WWF centre-based, outreach and online/digital education programmes targeting different sectors in the community.
- Partner with school sector to develop and deliver Environmental STEM, Life-wide Learning, Moral and Civic Education programmes related to nature conservation and sustainability.
- Implement youth engagement, empowerment and mobilization programmes.
- Develop and manage existing education materials at all WWF Centres.
- Support WWF Centres in delivering educational related programmes to promote public education and awareness of sustainable living.
- Contribute to the development and production of WWF educational publications and online materials.
- Assist in operations and administration which are related to education programme deliveries
Required Functional Skills:
- Degree holder in Education, Environmental Science, Biology, Geography, Tourism, Social Science or any discipline related to nature conservation.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant working experience, e.g. teaching at primary/secondary school, organizing and leading outdoor activities, experience related to nature interpretation, or community engagement projects planning and implementation.
- Possessing postgraduate certificate related to education would be of added benefit.
- Fluent in Cantonese and English (preferably Putonghua as well).
- Proficient in ordinary applications of Microsoft Office and online meeting platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Google Meet.
- Physically fit to guide outdoor learning programmes and willing to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Nature interpretation, first aid, cycling, swimming or lifesaving skills would be of added benefit.
- Working during weekends and public holidays is a must.
Required Behavioural Skills:
- A team player with good organizing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Accepts personal and team’s responsibility, and shows civility and respect to colleagues.
- Independent and initiative, detail-minded, highly organized and can handle multi tasks, positive thinking and a mature personality.
- Outgoing and solution provider.
Candidate with less working experience will be considered for the position of Assistant Education Officer.
Working Location: Kwai Hing
We offer a 5-day work week and competitive rewards and benefits package to the right candidate. Interested party please apply with full resume, stating present and expected salary and available date through https://wwfhk.bamboohr.com/careers/158. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
WWF, the World Wide Fund for Nature, a non-profit organization, with headquartered in Switzerland, is one of the world’s most recognizable and respected independent conservation organisations.
To find out more about us, please visit our website at wwf.org.hk now.