Sacred Heart Canossian School
Native-speaking English Teacher (EDB NET Scheme)
We are inviting native English speakers to apply for the role of Native-speaking English Teacher within the EDB NET scheme.
We are an aided Catholic primary school committed to providing our students with quality learning and teaching. We are in the process of developing and implementing our English school-based curriculum into Key Stage 2. We are looking for a suitable candidate, who in addition to a teaching role, is able to assist the English panel with this task.
- A teacher with at least 7 years classroom teaching experience with a relevant qualification as recognized by the EDB
- A Teaching English as a Foreign Language or a Second Language (TEFL/TESL) qualification at least at certificate level, or an equivalent course of study recognised by the EDB
- Experience in curriculum development
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic, motivated, and a team player
- Willingness to work some Saturdays.
You will be responsible for a wide range of teaching and non-teaching activities, including:
- Teach P.1 to P.6 students
- Develop and prepare lesson plans and teaching materials
- Help develop and write the school-based curriculum
- Help create materials to support the school-based curriculum
- Management of English resources
- Support English extra-curricular activities e.g. English Drama Club, English Fun Day, and English Ambassadors Programme
- Help organise an overseas study tour (post Covid).
Interested candidates please send an application letter and a full resume to the Principal, 26 Caine Road, Central, Hong Kong or email to [email protected]
on or before 20 December 2022.
All personal information will be kept in strictly confidential and will only be used for recruitment related purposes.