SEN Pre-school Teacher (Ref. SENT) / Special Child Care Worker (Ref. SCCW)/ ECE/QKT Teacher/ Register Teacher
|The Child Development Centre|
- Consistently provide an excellent standard of teaching for young children with a wide variety of abilities.
- Assess both formally and informally and devise individual learning plans.
- Create interesting and engaging teaching plans.
- Work closely with parents within the classroom.
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team, lead and contribute to meetings both with staff and parents.
- The ability to write reports in both English and Chinese will be an advantage.
- Demonstrate professional knowledge of early childhood development.
- Plan interesting and engaging lessons for a variety of classes for children aged between birth and six years old.
- Set appropriate developmental goals and devise activities to meet those goals.
- Maintain up to date, organised records and reports regarding children’s learning.
- Maintain up to date, organised lesson plans.
- Develop positive relationships with parents.
- Supervise classroom assistants and/or volunteers.
- Create organised and tidy classrooms with interesting visual and sensory materials.
- Be a contributing member of a multi-disciplinary team
- A recognised relevant degree in SEN teaching or Special Child Care Work
- Further qualifications in the area of special needs desirable.
- A minimum of two years Special Child Care Worker experience with pre-school or school-aged children is desirable.
- Experienced in teaching children with autism, PMLD, CLD and those who need behavioural and sensory support.
- Familiar with AACs, PECS, and Makaton.
- Fluent Cantonese and English, written and spoken, Mandarin an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Excellent observation and assessment skills.
- Hong Kong permanent resident status is desirable.
- Be able to work under pressure and be flexible.
- Must be able to work Saturdays.
- Paid professional development opportunities.
- Medical and dental benefits.
- Five-day working week (may include Saturday and or early evening).
- Friendly working environment.
Please submit your application letter and full resume with availability, current and expected salary
directly to [email protected]
Please quote the post you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Candidates not invited for an interview within two months may consider their applications unsuccessful. We are an equal opportunity employer. All information received will be kept in strict confidence and used only for employment-related purposes.